Bright and Clear in Any Venue
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Dual HDMI
- 1.5x Wide Optical Zoom Lens
- Network Management
- Optional Wireless
Designer Top 3 at AIA:
AV Technology Products Winners
The ViewSonic Pro8520HD is a high brightness, Full HD 1080p projector ideal for use in any large venue installation—even in rooms with high ambient light.Built with BrilliantColor technology, this projector produces vibrant colors, while 5000 ANSI lumens and 1080p (1920x1080) Hi-Def resolution deliver stunning, razor-sharp images anywhere from auditoriums, to lecture halls, and boardrooms. With a 1.5x optical zoom lens and a multitude of connectivity options such as dual HDMI, wired and wireless LAN display, USB display, and PC-less JPG slideshows, the Pro8520HD provides maximum installation flexibility for a variety of uses.Equipped with Crestron LAN controller, the Pro8520HD makes it easy for IT admin to remotely control and manage multiple projectors from their workstations. A filter-less design and extended lamp lifeprovide for easy maintenance and alow total cost of ownership (TCO). The Pro8520HD projector offers excellent performance forlarge installations and commercial applications.
- 5000 ANSI lumens project bright, clear images in any large venue
- Full HD 1080p delivers stunning picture quality
- BrilliantColor technology provides exceptional, true-to-life colors
- Pixelworks high-performance 10-bit video processor for enhanced video quality
- Dual HDMI for true digital picture clarity
- Centralized remote LAN control & monitoring with Crestron for easy management
- Presentation made easy with advanced display options – Wireless & wired LAN display, Plug ‘n play USB display, PC-less JPG slideshows
- Advanced multi-segment color wheel design, 1.5x optical zoom lens, auto source detection & integrated 20w speakers
- Automatic vertical keystone correction for quick and easy image setup
- Virtually maintenance-free with a filter-less design
- Long-lasting, reliable picture quality & superior color performance
- Environmentally friendly Eco-mode saves money and power
- Industry-leading warranty: 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, 1 year on lamp, and free first year Express Exchange service**
5000 lumens guaranteed to shine anywhere
Packed with 5,000 lumens and a high contrast ratio of 15,000:1 (DCR), the Pro8520HD is guaranteed to project vibrant and clear images, even in high ambient light environments.
Settings where the Pro8520HD is the perfect solution
- Business – large conference rooms, meeting rooms, boardrooms.
- Education – large lecture halls, auditoriums.
Stunning picture quality with Full HD 1080p resolution
Native 1080p (1920x1080) resolution is perfect for the sharpest and clearest picture available. It delivers exceptional details and outstanding color saturation for incredible pixel-by-pixel performance and superior image quality. The Pro8520HD features 1920x1080 native resolution for a total of 2,073,600 pixels. That is 4.3x more pixels than SVGA, 2.6x more than XGA,and 2.0x more than WXGA. Whether for multimedia presentations, graphic design, or video production, the Pro8520HDprojects crisp details and enhances presentation quality without any distortion or scaling of the original format.
Advanced DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology allows you to experience crystal clear, razor-sharp and lifelike images with the same DLP technology used in Hollywood. For fast action, the response time is 1,000 times faster than similar LCD-based projectors. And with no air filters to clean or change, the latest generation of DLP-based projectors from ViewSonic is among the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) in the industry.
The ViewSonic Pro8520HD projector with BrilliantColor technology features multi-color processing to produce stunning, vibrant colors. Unlike other technologies that use just 3 primary colors to produce the image (such as LCD), the Pro8520HD uses up to 5 separate colors. The sophisticated 5-segment color wheel enhances the yellow color performance that is key to accurate and vivid color reproduction. With multi-color processing, colors are richer and more vibrant with exquisite and precise detail.
Maintenance free with filter-less design
Full 10-bit color processing provides detail enhancement technology,as well as motion adaptive de-interlacing,to provide crisper, sharper images.
Dual HDMI for true digital picture clarity
Equipped with dual HDMI inputs, the Pro8520HD delivers the highest picture and sound quality without any degradation. It's perfect for connecting to any HDMI-enabled devices such as smart phones, tablets, laptops, computers,and Blu-ray DVD players.
Centralized LAN Control & Monitoring with Crestron
The ViewSonic Pro8520HD offers seamless integration and full support for Crestron control systems. In addition, IT admin can monitor, schedule, and manage multiple projectors remotely, as well as receive projector status alerts, with the included Crestron RoomView Express control software.
Presentation made easy with advanced display options
- Wireless & Wired LAN display: With its advanced networking capability, the projector can project images via wireless, or wired, LAN. The LAN display offers a quad split screen for simultaneously projecting content from up to 4 PCs, with the ability to broadcast from up to 8 projectors. The included VSPresenter software offers complete control of your desktop screen for seamless presentation. The WPD-100 wireless adapter is required for wireless display.
- Plug 'n play USB display: Project your presentations using a quick and simple plug-and-play USB connection without running a bulky VGA cable. Plug n’ Play also features automatic resolution detection for the best imaging experience.
- PC-less JPG slideshows: Jump start your presentations without waiting for your PC to boot up. With a PC-less slideshows feature, you can enjoy pictures or images directly from a USB flash drive without a PC.
Packed with features
- 5-segment color wheel design improves color performance and accuracy to provide natural, vivid images.
- 1.5x optical zoom offers more than twice the mounting flexibility over a standard 1.2x optical zoom. This translates to less installation hassle and more flexible mounting options.
- 20-watt integrated speakersare ideal for multimedia applications, videos, and audio-enabled presentations.
- Auto source detection senses the source input and syncs with your computer automatically.
Easy projection setup with automatic vertical keystone correction
With a built-in level sensor, automatic vertical keystone correction detects the input signal and adjusts the distorted imageinto a perfect square shape.
Virtually maintenance-free with filter-less design
The ViewSonic Pro8520HD projector features a filter-less design. Unlike LCD projectors that require users to clean, or sometimes replace, filters every 100 to 300 hours of operation, the ViewSonic Pro8520HD projector’s filter-less design eliminates filter cleaning or filter replacement. This provides virtually zero maintenance, saves you significant dollars and labor over the projector’s lifespan, and lowers your total cost of ownership (TCO).
Long-lasting reliable picture quality & superior color performance
ViewSonic DLP projectors provide reliable picture quality you can trust and superior color performance you can count on, after thousands of hours of usage. Built on DLP technology, ViewSonic’s Pro8520HD projector virtually eliminates image degradation known as color decay – a yellow/faded tint that LCD projectors may develop after extended use. Even after years of use, the Pro8520HD will continue to produce a stunning, sharp image that lasts.
Environmentally friendly Eco-mode saves money and power
With only a slight 20% decrease in brightness, the Eco-mode function can extend the life of your lamp by almost 50%* and up to 3,000* hours in some cases. Other benefits of Eco-mode operation include reduced power consumption, as well as less heat and audible noise output. It´s good for the environment and great for your budget. The Eco-mode function will definitely help lower your total cost of ownership (TCO).
Peace of mind with industry leading warranty
Backed by our 25-year reputation for quality and reliability, ViewSonic offers one of the industry´s best overall projector warranties with 3-year limited parts and labor, 1-year lamp, and first year free Express Exchange service**. Don´t be fooled by the seemingly longer warranties out there in the market that exclude the more vulnerable systems and moving parts of a projector
Projector Comparison Chart
Wired LAN and Wireless Display *
PC-less JPG Slideshows
*Optional wireless adapter - WPD-100, is required for wireless display.
What is in the box:
- ViewSonic Pro8520HD projector
- Power cable
- VGA cable
- HDMI cable
- Laser remote control with batteries
- Lens cap
- Quick start guide
- ViewSonic Wizard CD (with User Guide)
- Soft carrying case
*Lamp life and energy savings may vary based on actual usage and other factors.
**One year Express Exchange Service requires product registration. Program specifications and availability are subject to change without notice.
Corporate names, trademarks stated herein are the property of their respective companies, DLP and DLP logo are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments and BrilliantColor is a trademark of Texas Instruments. HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
- 0.65" Digital Micromirror Device (DLP™)
- Full HD 1920x1080 (native)
- 1.5x manual optical zoom / manual optical focus
- Zoom Factor
- Auto vertical digital keystone correction (+/- 20º)
- Display Size
- 30 – 300 in. / 0.76 – 7.6 m (diagonal)
- Throw Distance
- 3.0 – 30.9 ft. / 0.9 – 9.4 m
- Throw Ratio
- Lamp Type
- 350 watt
- Lamp Life (normal/eco-mode)
- 2500 / 3000 hours*
- 5000 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio
- 8,000:1 (DCR)
- Aspect Ratio
- 16:9 (native)
- Color Wheel
- 5-seg RGBYW / 7200rpm
- Color Depth
- 30 bits, 1.07B Color (10+10+10)
- Color Gamut
- Computer and Video
- NTSC M (3.58 MHz), 4.43MHz, PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, 60), SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L), SD 480i and 576i, ED 480p and 576p, HD 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Fh: 31–91KHz, Fv: 48–85Hz
- VGA to 1920x1080
- Up to 1920x1080 (may require MAC adaptor)
- Audio Input
- 3.5mm mini jack (x2), RCA (L/R)
- Audio Out
- 3.5mm mini jack
- RGB Input
- 15-pin mini D-sub (x2)
- Composite Input
- RCA jack
- S-Video Input
- 4-pin mini-DIN
- RCA (x3), 15-pin mini D-sub (x2, shared with RGB)
- RGB Output
- 15-pin mini D-sub
- RS-232 (DB-9)
- HDMI (x2)
- Type A (flash drive / wireless adapter) Type B (mouse control / service) Mini B (display)
- 3.5mm mini jack
- Screen Trigger
- Card Reader
- 10-watt (x2)
- 100~240VAC (Auto Switching), 50/60Hz (universal)
- 450w (max) / <0.5w (standby mode)
- Power, keystone/arrow keys, left, menu/exit, right, enter, source
- Picture, Computer Image, Setting, Option, Network (See user guide for full OSD functionality)
- 32ºF–104ºF (0ºC–40ºC)
- 10%–90% (non-condensing)
- 0~6,000 ft (1,800m), operational up to 10,000 ft (3048m)
- 13.1 x 4.8 x 10.4 in. / 333 x 122 x 263 mm
- 16.3 x 14.8 x 7.5 in. / 415 x 377 x 190 mm
- 8.5 lb. / 3.9 kg
- 11.8 lb. / 5.4 kg
CB, UL/cUL, FCC-B (including ICES-004), CE, TUV-S (Argentina), NOM, GOST-R, UKrSEPRO, PSB, C-Tick, KC, CCC, CECP, WEEE, RoHS, SVHC, Hygienic
Pro8520HD projector, power cable, VGA cable, HDMI cable, laser remote control with batteries, lens cap, Quick Start Guide, ViewSonic Wizard DVD (with User Guide), soft carrying case
3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, 1-year limited warranty on lamp, 1st year free Express Exchange® service**